Cheim & Read, New York, NY is seeking a full-time, experienced REGISTRAR.
• Acting as liaison with artists' studios.
• Managing all details of inventory, including provenance, exhibition and literature histories, and maintaining the inventory database in ArtBase.
• Working closely with gallery principals, directors and preparators, and in tandem with the gallery's other registrar.
• Overseeing shipping related to gallery exhibitions and all incoming inventory (including for art fairs).
• Managing all aspects of art production and framing and tracking of production and framing expenses.
• Managing conservation schedule and performing condition reports on all incoming work.
• Managing installations and de-installations, including defining installation schedules and needs with artists, gallery principals, and preparators.
• Generating and maintaining incoming consignments and loan paperwork.
• Managing all storage facilities.
• Extensive prior experience as a registrar for a contemporary art gallery.
• Prior experience working with domestic and international shipping agents.
• Expertise with ArtBase and working knowledge of Photoshop.
• High attention to detail, and strong organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative problem solving skills.
• The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.